8.14.2009

Photos from Venice...








Venice is so beautiful, i wish memory cards for my camera didnt cost 50 euros....quite a rip off. They like to take advantage of tourists like that. But im fine with just having memories. It gives me a reason to return.

Nevertheless, these are (some) pictures....i dont personally think theyre that great, they dont nearly capture the beauty of Venice. But taking a digital SLR out of your bag and walking around San Marco square isnt the best idea when its tourist season. The less i look like an easy target for mugging the better. haha.

Here are some pictures i also took from my phone...




Just an FYI, this is the view from my hostel. I stayed on Guideca Island, right across from San Marco. The hostel was okay, for the price. It was worth all of the bed bug bites...because that meant i got to buy a souvenir from the Biennale, and get some gelatto. But also the cheap rate allowed me to venture to the island both mornings and grab a pastry and espresso...If you are an early riser i recommend it, the city is pretty quiet and dead at 7 in the morning. You get to see the squares (almost) empty, so if you like taking pictures of places without a lot of people blocking views, this would be the ideal time to take them! I however, didnt get to do this because i ran out of space on my camera...damn it.

1 comment: