3.13.2009

You Can Never Hold Back Spring

Spring break is vastly approaching, I had my last formal "crit" yesterday...and only have one assignment due for an intermediate composition class next Thursday. Even though classes are done, I'm not quite free yet. *sigh* But as soon as I get my portfolio back from Figure Drawing II, I will post some more pictures! Next quarter its Intro to Photo and a Color Graphic Novel class, yay!


Anyways, I recently caught this film on tv the other night, I watched it a long time ago, more than a year I think, but forgot how great it was (I love Benigni's films). Anyways, its formal title is La Tigre e la Neve, translating to The Tiger and the Snow (obviously you've most likely read the title in the picture already). Benigni focuses on the Iraq war in this film, and his persistent love for the main character (I don't want to give away the plot twist if you haven't seen it). Plus, I love that Tom Waits makes a special appearance in the dreams of Benigni's character, performing You Can Never Hold Back Spring, a song from his latest album, Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards. I just love his music...old and new...beautifully poetic, and experimental. I would say Waits borders on performance art when it comes to his concerts. I can't wait for the score/sheet music to this album, I desperately want to play it. I think that's why I love his old stuff just as much as the new stuff, because its reminiscent of jazz/blues...and the sound of the piano is oh so soothing to me.

I'm thinking I may go back through my images on my external hard drive and post some old/new photos I've taken over the years...to get into the theme of the upcoming class.

No comments:

Post a Comment