3.03.2009

Confuzzled


Another small work done in Herrmann's class...I really enjoy using mixed media, and integrating text as a visual element. I've been warming up to the idea of illustration more and more as a result, since the two can coexist beautifully.

This quickie started from a photograph I had taken of the new giraffe's at the Cincinnati Zoo. They always look so joyously puzzled...and as I looked at this photo, I felt like I needed to add text and a caption to it, as well as emphasize color, and all its other obvious expressive qualities. Originally I planned to have a funny saying underneath "hmm", but decided to leave it blank so I may write in may different kinds on prints or Photoshop.

Also, after taking a class on creating black and white graphic novels/art/comics the "old way", I have grown an appreciation for hand-crafted typography. I'm taking the color version of this course next quarter, and I cannot wait, since there seems to be no restriction on media or process, simply the utilization of color!

No comments:

Post a Comment