3.07.2009

Taking the Stage



Just for the record...I don't really watch MTV. Just America's Best Dance Crew every now and then, because I like choreography. But I was watching it the other night, and they've started airing the commercials for their new series, Taking The Stage, which features my high school, The School for Creative and Performing Arts. I had heard about the filming about a year ago, and they told us about it when I went back for alumni day this year, but it's just totally different to see it on TV. I'm so glad the school is getting positive recognition on a national level.

I will admit, I'm a little bummed that they're not covering the fine arts side...or other majors that don't really relate to the dance/music arena (such as costume design, classical piano, etc) but who knows, maybe they will briefly show it. The visual arts department at the school works really hard, and does a lot for students looking to pursue Fine Arts as a career that other high schools just don't. Anyways, watch the show! (even if it is ridiculously petty and one of those superficial MTV shows) I'm gonna have to DVR it...I refuse to race home to watch TV programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment