4.27.2009

Are you Blind?!




Okay, I'll admit, I have been ridiculously busy this quarter...but I have finally managed to get some time to give you an update on what I am doing.

Our color graphic novel class is getting interesting, we interviewed Veteran's last week and are working on illustrating a simple 2 page story based off of what sparked our interests...Should be interesting to see what I come up with!

On another note, I am really enjoying the body of work I am working on in my photo class. After thought and consideration, I decided to revisit an idea I thought about pursuing in painting, however, never realized how perfect it would be as photographs!

Photographing how I perceive the world without the help of glasses, I am looking to share my "real" vision of the world with others. My reality is another's abstraction, I guess. An artist I am referencing in class is Mikko Sinervo, who initially reminded me of this idea - his work is amazing and I can't believe there isn't more written about him online.

What I have shown above is an image I created after MUCH experimentation and many many failed attempts. But the good thing is I now know what I want to focus on and how I can achieve the desired aesthetic I am looking for! Can you guess what I photographed? I assure you it's real, and its not a room, or a landscape!

No comments:

Post a Comment